The house dust mite grazes on fungi and rotting skin scales and their digestive system may create up to 20 dung-pellets a day. They don’t seem very dangerous, but exposure as a child or baby may cause a lifelong allergy to dust mites. Exposure as a young child may also cause other complications including asthma, eczema, and hay fever that will last for a lifetime.
The droppings are wrapped in a special film and contain undigested scraps of food which are broken down by powerful enzymes to provide nourishment for the mite later. In other words they can eat their own droppings up to three times over and still have a plentiful supply of food!
Up to 2,000,000 dust mites live in our pillow and nearly 10,000,000 in our mattress. This environment is dangerously close to a person and could be affecting our everyday health as each dust mite contains a literal cesspool of decaying biomass. The pellets, once disturbed in an unventilated room, can remain suspended in still air for 20 minutes. Unnoticed, people may easily breathe them in, causing asthma or asthma symptoms, allergic rhinitis and the exacerbation of eczema. The mite is also implicated in glue ear and conjunctivitis.
One of the mite’s most powerful enzymes is known by scientists as Der p1. It is very important to understand the way this enzyme interferes with the human lung or nasal tissue in vulnerable people.
In The Lungs
Once Der p1 is breathed in and released it breaks down the adhesion molecules binding cells together. Inside the delicate tissue of the lungs it ‘clips off’ important bits of cells. This action raises an alarm in the body’s defence system. The resulting reaction causes damage to the lung as the body searches to destroy an invader/parasite. Der p1 is doing what it is designed to do. It is breaking down potential food for the mite. Sadly it is not supposed to happen in our lungs!
HealthGuard® is the world’s first combined anti-dust mite, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial tri-functional treatment. HealthGuard® Premium Protection is a dust mite contact repellent and food source eliminator.
HealthGuard® Premium Protection is a safe, non-invasive, tri-functional treatmen utilised in the construction of foam, fabric and polymers. HealthGuard® Premium Protection is specially formulated to reduce dust mite colonies, reduce proliferation and re-infestation. HealthGuard® Premium Protection reduces colony forming units on the biomass of bacteria, spores, virus, and fungi to starve the dust mite of food sources and reduce allergic reactions in humans.
- Colorfast and UV stable
- Durable barrier to prevent re-infestation
- World first combined anti-dust mite, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial treatment
- Safe for humans and the environment
- Independently tested
- Long lasting efficacy, keeps on repelling
- Provides ideal efficacy after several cleans
- Inhibits growth and proliferation of harmful virus, moulds, spores, bacteria and fungi
- Bedding can remain in service longer, rooms can be re-rented quicker
- Ideal for allergy sufferers
- Provides for a healthy sleeping environment
Dust mites affect millions of people and are known triggers of allergies like asthma, eczema, psoriasis, emphysema, glue ear, conjunctivitis and hay fever. Microscopic and invisible to the human eye, dust mites infest mattresses, lounge suites, pillows and carpets. HealthGuard® provides the real solution.
- HealthGuard® Premium Protection provides an exclusive point of difference in marketing and promotion
- The HealthGuard® name and logo are trademarks that are world renowned and globally trusted
- The HealthGuard® Certificate of Excellence ensures standards are attained and sustained
- Purchasing genuine products provides for the authorised use of the trademarks of HealthGuard® Corporation Pty Ltd